Last updated: August 14th, 2019.
50skills is an online application that helps employers with recruitment and on-boarding processes. 50skills (“We”, “Us”) and Employers using our services are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you will be processed.
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 16. If you have not reached the age of 16, please don’t use our services without proper guidance and supervision of your parent or guardian.
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We and Employers using our services will treat it.
- What information we collect from you
- What information we collect from other sources
- Our lawful basis for processing your information
- Disclosure of your information
- How we store your personal data
- Our Security in storing your personal data
- Information about where we store your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- Your rights, how to set forth complaints and how to contact us
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from Us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a job. This includes information that you send via email, messaging, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- When requested by the Employer and provided by you with your consent, we process personal details such as your name, social security number, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to Us.
- If an employer decides to offer you a job, and you accept, you may be asked by the employer to provide additional information required by the employer to hire and onboard you as a new employee. This may be information required to fill out an employee contract, banking information for the purposes of paying checks and salaries and other relevant information.
- If you contact Us or an employer using our services, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that We or employers using our service may conduct.
- Details of your visits to 50skills’s Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Our Website and the resources that you access.
Information We collect from other sources
- An Employer using our service has the option of asking you to connect third party data to your job application. This may be provided to give you a faster and more convenient way to fill out personal information required by the Employer to make a hiring and or onboarding decision. This data may include personal data such as your name, email, CV, Resumé, digital credentials and list of skills and attributes you have provided and given consent to your third party provider to process. If you choose to do connect third party information to your job application a, third party data provider will have it’s own privacy notice that you will need to provide your consent for. Examples of these third party providers are services such as Linkedin (see www.linkedin.com) and Facebook (see www.facebook.com). Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Lawful basis for processing
The processing of your data is primarily based on your consent which is freely given by you when you decide to use our services. The processing may also be necessary to fulfil a contract between you and the Employer.
Where you apply for a job opening through a third party job-board, we rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to that third-party provider.
We may also have a legitimate interest for the processing of your data, in order to be able to provide the services for recruiting and onboarding.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you to support Employers using our services in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment and on boarding process.
- To enhance any information that We receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings.
- To help improve our services.
Disclosure of Your Information
Where you have applied for a job opening through a third party provider, such as a job board, and where you have consented to this disclosure, We may disclose to that third party provider, certain personal data that We hold, including but not limited to a unique identifier used by them to identify you, and about your progress through our job opening. This may include tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present, or future information that We hold about you, such as your name, contact details and other information involving analysis of data relating to you as an applicant for employment.
Where you have applied to a job opening through another service provider, We may disclose data similar to the Disposition Data defined above to such service provider. The service provider shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
How We store your personal data
Employers using our services take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Employers limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Where we store your personal data
Personal data is stored exclusively in the 50skills database. Our computing infrastructure is hosted in the cloud and powered by Heroku which is stored in its European region in Ireland.
Heroku’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers and utilize Amazon Web Service (AWS) technology. Amazon continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards. Amazon’s data center operations have been accredited under: ISO 27001, SOC 1 and SOC 2/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (Previously SAS 70 Type II), PCI Level 1, FISMA Moderate and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
More information about Heroku and it’s hosting practises can be found on: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/gdpr
Employers using our services, may offer you a job position using our services. If accepted, they may use your personal data from your job application to perform on-boarding tasks within their organisation. These can be tasks such as creating an employee contract, creating you as a user in systems they use for salary payments, time registration and other similar tools.
How long we keep your personal data
50skills and Employers using our services hold all data for 6 months. Employers can specifically ask to hold data for short or longer, as long as they have legitimacy to do so and provide adequite information to applicants on why they need to do so.
Employers might reach out to you, before the deletion of your data, and ask for your repeated consent to hold your personal data longer. If accepted, your data will be held according to the content of such a request.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- You send a request to the Employer or Us to delete your personal information.
- The Employer sends Us a written request to delete your data.
- The system automatically deletes your personal data at it’s holding date, which at default is set to 6 months.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require the Employer to correct mistakes in your information which they hold
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to the Employer, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Object in certain other situations to the Employers continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict the Employers processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by the Employers breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see more information on https://eugdpr.org/
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
Contact the Employer directly. When doing so, make sure we have:
- Enough information to identify you, such as your Full name and Email address.
- Proof of your identity and address
- The information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about the Employers use of your information. You always have the right to submit complaints to the Data Protection Authority in your country.
For any questions or requests please contact the Employer directly. For direct contact or requests to 50skills, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org